Every day, our committed volunteers contribute to the mission and the vision of Resto Plateau through their professionalism, motivation, ideas and creations.
Volunteering in our organization means:
- Having the opportunity to acquire new skills and experiences and develop your networks, all while contributing to our mission.
- Helping Resto Plateau benefit from new ideas, mutual aid and concrete operational support.
- Being a key part of constructing a more equitable and democratic society built on participation and commitment from all of its members.
- Helping everyone in their social and workplace integration.
Volunteering at Resto Plateau
Here are a few examples of projects you can work on as a Resto Plateau volunteer:
- Welcoming restaurant patrons, guiding those with reduced mobility, and sharing your energy and joie de vivre with our guests!
- Helping the dishwashing crew
- Helping out during special events: Christmas dinner, trips…
- Serving drinks and selling meals at our takeout counter
- Bringing your specific skills to certain projects (for example: legal aid, human resources)
- Helping with our annual cleanup day
- Working with the Board of Directors, using your knowledge of governance to help the project
Resto Plateau was an incredibly welcoming and social space for me during a rough time. The organization helps us support one another and creates a beautiful community for mutual aid!
For me, being a volunteer at Resto Plateau means giving a little bit of time and a lot of positive vibes!
The sense of community that exists at Resto Plateau did me a lot of good. I’m happy to be a part of this ecosystem and to be smiling under my mask, cracking jokes with some customers and having conversations with them..
My experience with Resto Plateau was rich and stimulating. I felt useful and was there to listen to people who needed help. I’ve rarely seen such a well-run organization where volunteers are supported from A to Z without being talked down to!
I was thrilled to meet with the Resto Plateau team, both on the kitchen and courtyard side of things. After getting first-hand experience in portioning and chopping, I now see prepared meals in a totally new light.
Want to get involved with Resto Plateau? Have any questions about volunteering? Let’s chat!